Long-term care insurance helps to ensure that people can afford long-term care if they need it.
This type of policy can cover assistance with home health care, assisted living, skilled nursing, or other services like adult day care and care coordination. Benefits are triggered after the policyholder has satisfied their Elimination Period and has been certified as needing hands-on help with at least two of the six standard Activities of Daily Living for at least 90 days. The Activities of Daily Living include:
Other triggers include severe cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Most policies have a limit to the amount of benefits that can be paid out, such as a specific number of years or a total-dollar amount. When purchasing a policy, the applicant selects the benefit amount and duration to fit their budget and anticipated needs.
Why Agents Offer Long-Term Care Insurance Policies
Just as long-term care insurance policies aren’t the best fit for every client, they aren’t always the best fit for Agents. Consider these questions:
- Are these plans beneficial for the people in your community and the areas you serve?
- Have you completed the necessary Continuing Education that your state requires?
There are many compelling reasons to offer long-term care insurance, such as:
- You can help families with some of the most difficult decisions of their life
- You can provide your clients and their families with peace of mind
- You’ll be serving the needs of your clients and community
- You can offer a profitable product that will help your bottom line
How to Get Started with Long-Term Care Insurance
If you decide to offer long-term care insurance, we recommend talking to someone from the Premier team of experts. They’ll provide answers to your questions, and have tools available to support your new product offering.
Just complete this contact form and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible: