Rights and Choices for California Residents
Rights Under The California Consumer Privacy Act
Last reviewed on: October 19, 2020
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
Personal information does not include the following:
- Publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information;
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including but not limited to:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights below), we will disclose to you, if applicable:
The categories of personal information we collected about you:
The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you:
Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, or selling that personal information; for example:
The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information:
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
Sources of Personal Information
- Directly from users when they provide information electronically, by phone, or by mail;
- Our affiliates and business partners;
- Our agents;
- Lead vendors to whom you have provided your information;
- Client referrals;
- Data verification services;
- Users’ browsers;
- Marketing vendors and advertising networks; and
- Social media, if you provide us information on social media platforms.
The Company obtains information pertaining to insurance agents primarily from the agents themselves when they choose to affiliate with the Company. The Company obtains information pertaining to consumers seeking to purchase insurance products from referrals and written and electronic consumer inquiries regarding insurance products (including through companies that assist in the delivery of such inquiries). The Company also obtains such information from its subsidiaries.
From time to time, the Company may contact you via email, mail, and/or telemarketing calls, for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email, mail, and/or telemarketing calls from the Company, you may opt out of such communications by contacting us at the toll-free number or email address listed below.
Sharing Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, the Company may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: identifiers, California Customer Records personal information categories, protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, commercial information, and internet or other similar network activity.
Children Under The Age of 16
Rights For California Residents
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, or the ways in which the Company collects and use your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: